When life gives you lemons, make this delicious cold dessert made from thickened cream and lemon.
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 5 tbsp lemon juice or any other citrus you would like to use
- 1 tbsp citrus zest optional
- In a small saucepan, heat cream and sugar to boiling, stirring to dissolve sugar. Continue boiling for 5 minutes. Watch the heat - don’t let the cream boil over.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in lemon juice. Let cool, about 15 minutes. If you are using the zest add it now and let it rest.
- Strain out the zest before pouring into ramekins. Pour even amounts into four ramekins. Refrigerate at least 2 hours, or until set.
Serve with unsweetened whipped cream, creme fraiche, berries, a drizzle of fruity olive oil with a micro pinch of sea salt and a shortbread cookie. Enjoy, breathe, be kind and give your self a few spoonfuls of indulgence as a mid-week treat.